street scene in kathmandu

street scene in kathmandu

Saturday 14 November 2009

blogging and networking

I'm discovering how much fun it is to be on social networking sites! Sharing ideas and suggestions rocks!
Please tell me your favourite books and films - you can see mine so let me know of similar stuff please.
Right now I'm reading 'Ashes to the Vistula' by Bill Copeland about a couple of young boys during the holocaust. I'll write a quick review when I've finished it. Also have a look at Do the Birds Still Sing in Hell? I edited it so I have a vested interest, but it's a really great WW2 POW story - shocking, funny, tragic - the whole gamut of emotions - by a genuine, real live hero who turned 90 last December.
And '50 of the Best' by Martin Offiah is a terrific Xmas present idea for WAGS of rugby fans
Finally, I've just finished reading 'The New Rules of Marketing and PR' by David Moorman Scott - and I'm going back through it with a notebook to write down the dozens of really useful tips about internet promotion...

1 comment:

  1. I have a question: A couple of years I read a book about a woman who finds a young boy hanging upside down outside her window one morning. She befriends him and gets to know his father, an isolated individual who beats his son and is full of remorse afterwards. I bought it in either Australia or New Zealand. I couldn't put it down, even while eating in a Tokyo restaurant- with tears flooding my face! I really loved it and it left a mark on me - but I can't remember what it was called nor who wrote it! If anyone has a clue I'd love to hear from you - thanks.

    ReplyDelete